To accommodate recent growth and forecasted 2019 growth, SAY Plastics announced it has made several key investments centered around technology, operational excellence and workforce development.
These investments in capacity expansion have helped the company foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement and learning – hallmarks which the company has been recognized for by both customers and industry colleagues.
As part of the expansion, SAY Plastics announced the following milestones:
- An additional 5 Axis CNC Router with 10 position tool changer
- New advancements in Forming Machine controls and zoned Ceramic Oven technology
- Upgrades to ERP and Manufacturing Software systems
- Plant layout enhancements to support cellular manufacturing flow – including arrangement of equipment into a processing sequence for forming, trimming and assembly
- Employee cross-training for flexibility and a multi-skilled workforce across different manufacturing processes
- The addition of several key engineering and manufacturing staff members – with extensive experience in quality, project management, processing and design engineering
- New process technical training for team members
Ron Staub, VP and General Manager at SAY Plastics, shared “The investments made over the past year have greatly increased our capacity and our ability to deliver high customer satisfaction. We’re well-prepared for the continued momentum we’re experiencing, and we’re confident in our team’s ability to provide innovative thermoplastic solutions that are of the highest quality and value.”
SAY Plastics’ latest technology and equipment purchases took place earlier this year and are now complete, and new team members were welcomed throughout 2018 and are now in place. The new cellular plant layout is currently underway, along with new technical training for employees.
Want to learn more about how thermoforming can benefit your organization? Contact SAY Plastics to see our expansion efforts first-hand and to meet our newest team members. Call 717-633-3333 or email Ron Staub at email@example.com.